Sunday, January 13, 2008

Doesn't He Know He Needs a Wheelchair?

Here is a link to a really neat article about Kevin Connelly, a man who has toured much of the world using his skateboard. He has no legs. It's really cool the way he has found his own way to get around, and that he's used people staring at him to his advantage.

He's much more gracious than I. The only method I could see for getting anything out of people staring at us was to tell the staring people that we charge admission for the show.

Not quite that nice, so I've never done it.


Honestly, this is the kind of life that I hope for for my daughters. And, well, they're going to have to be physically fit to do it, so I don't see how having their mobility powered will help with that.

Of course I don't know everything -- only my 11-year-old does.

No comments: