Tuesday, January 1, 2008

"Wah wah wah wah wahwah wah"

Sometimes I know that I appear to my children like the teacher in the old Peanut's Gang Cartoons.

"Mom, what does flabbergasted mean?"

"Well, honey, it means surprised, but so much more than that wah wah wah wah wah wah wah..."

"Yes mom, I understand mom...."

I have come to believe that there's good reason for this. Since I am both mom and teacher, my kids are constantly learning, right? Case in point:

We were driving down the road, listening to my favorite Christian radio station, when my 8 year old asked a question.

"Mom, what's a prophet?"

"Well," I replied with a scholarly voice, "a prophet is someone God speaks through. You know, of course, that the Bible was written, in part by prophets...wah wah wah wah ....prophecy today...wah wah wah wah wah.... false prophets....wah wah wah wah... lots of debate about that....wah wah wah.... but I think that.... wah wah wah wah wah .... Elijah... wah wah wah... minor prophets....wah wah wah wah wah wah and..."

"Uh mom, I guess I get all that, but then I'm confused about one thing. If that's a prophet then what's a 'non-prophet'?"

Ahh.... pledge drives on Christian radio.

No comments: